Saturday, September 1, 2012

What I Plan To Do If There is an Alien Invasion, Zombie Apocalypse,or Some Other Unlikely Catastrophe

Hey minority that we often call "my readers"! I thought this would be a more entertaining way of telling you all what I'm up to rather than making a boring list.

1. Make peace with anyone holding a grudge against me (don't worry; I can't think of anyone at the moment so that must mean I'm doing all right) and pray.

2. Prepare by buying bite-proof clothes, canned food, and a ray gun. I'm sure there's one hidden in the back of Party City or Target.

3. Go over safety drills and plans with my family.

4. Call relatives and friends.

5. Finish writing my novel and bury it somewhere so perhaps a future generation can find it. I would do the same with my journal, poetry, and short stories (I will finish those if I can).

6. Finish reading The Odyssey.

7. Sew for my friends. If you are going to be locked up in your house, you might as well do something!

8. Go up into our attic. I didn't go all the way up last time.

9. Finish writing a sort-of-personal narrative thing.

10. Write a letter about myself and family to also bury for  a future generation.

11. Play my guitar and percussion instruments.

So yeah, I'm writing, reading, crafting, and making music these days. I am about to start seventh grade. A thing scarier than Texas Chainsaw Massacre will happen to me in a few months-I'll be a (gulp) teenager! Basically, though I haven't been posting much, nothing has changed.

Poem:
Walk to the light
that shines
never stops, ever bright yet
hidden in the wall
so old
not seen, by all though
some see it blaze
on earth
it's them, who amaze me

I know, I know, it's really bad. But I'm out of shape poetry-wise.

Joke:
Q: What do they call the Fourth of July in the south pole?
A: Inde-penguins day!

Don't forget to smell the flowers!

No comments: